My favorite kind of quilts to make are baby quilts. They are cute and small so I can actually finish them. They also make great gifts!
I never did finish the first quilt I started... I really didn't know what I was doing :). Since then I have been going to a quilting class in my neighborhood with my mom and my sister. I have learned lots of tricks and much better techniques. Makes me laugh at how I was doing things before. So my first quilt, I started to hand quilt it. It is very tedious and takes forever! I have decided I don't like to hand quilt, I would rather do it with my machine. So it sits in my sewing room in the corner. I might get the ambition to unpick it and do it by machine one of these days.
Here is my first quilt. I did it in the colors of each of the Hogwarts house colors. Thats right, its from Harry Potter :).
Because I made myself a Harry Potter Quilt. Ryan kept asking me to make him a Star Wars quilt. Funny story about that. I thought I was being all sneaky and would only work on it while he went out of town for work. I gave it to him for his birthday and thought it was going to be a big surprise. Turns out he had found scraps under the couch months earlier.. Ohwell he still loved it.
Here is one we did in our quilt class. It is my favorite so far.
Here is what our quilt group is currently working on. The Underground Railroad. I will go into that more on another day. But for now here is a few of the blocks.
I also have a few other projects going on.. (it wouldn't be like me to only have one at time) I will post those when they are finished..
I love the new header on your blog!
ReplyDeleteI came out of google reader to tell you that I absolutely love the baby quilt you made for my little guy - it's sitting prominently on the recliner/rocker in his room (and the flannel blanket is sitting right here next to me on the couch). Such a great remembrance of you to have in my home!
I am really jealous of your craft. I wish I were good at making something that I could use as a gift - I think home-made gifts are the best!
Way fun!! I learned how to do the hand quilting in my relief society. I was too lazy to do a quilt so I made a table runner! Much simpler! :) You are so very talented! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Star Wars quilt!!! And that's so cool to make a quilt using HP colors. I'm sure you know we're BIG HP fans over here. I'm going to have to show my kids these when they get home. They'll love 'em. So you have Star Wars and Harry Potter covered... now you need to make a Dora or Backyardigans quilt. lol.
ReplyDeleteWOW missy! You are so talented! WOW!
ReplyDeleteWow you are talented!!! I would totally pay you to make us one...:)
ReplyDelete